.

.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Philadelphia's New Chocolate Indulgence

As many of you know, I'm the proud member of an online group call RWOP, Real Women of Philadelphia
http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/
 Our group was recently offered free samples to the first 200 persons who requested the new Philadelphia Chocolate Indulgence.  As many of you also know, I'm a HUGE chocoholic, so I set my alarm clock early and was one of the lucky 200 to receive not one, not two, but six tubs of Philadelphia's New Chocolate Indulgence. So I thought I would share my views on this new product. I was not paid or compensated for this review.

I have to admit, I'm also a bit of a chocolate snob, so I tried not to set my expectations too high for this product.  I just didn't want to set myself up for a big chocolate thud. Boy was I surprised. The Indulgence comes in three flavors.  Milk Chocolate (pictured above) Dark Chocolate, and White Chocolate.  Let me tell you, it was love at first bite!

Very few people do White Chocolate well, but Philadelphia just plain knocked this one out of the park.  This creamy confection is so delicious it could be considered dangerous.  I see this at a lot of my future parties being served with fresh fruit and also being a huge success. Dipping a strawberry in this, is about as close to heaven as you may get.
The Dark Chocolate is rich, flavorful and creamy. It reminds me of a really good ganache. It's not too sweet, so the chocolate flavor really shines through.  If you're not a dark chocolate fan, and you prefer Milk Chocolate, then you will love the Milk Chocolate flavor. I actually enjoyed combining the two for a killer frosting and a great hot chocolate.
I made this dessert in 15 minutes, it was easy and it was delicious. The contrast of the Angel Food Cake with the dark chocolate was wonderful.

Black, White, Red and Delicious All Over Cake

1- Angel Food Cake Loaf (found in your grocery bakery section, or in the produce, next to the berries)
1- pound ripe strawberries
1 -8 ounce Container of Philadelphia Dark Chocolate Indulgence
1/2 Container (4 ounces) of Philadelphia White Chocolate Indulgence

1). Microwave Dark Chocolate Indulgence for 30 seconds. Spread over Angel Food Cake loaf the same as you would a ganache (like a thick glaze)
2). Dip Strawberries in White Chocolate Indulgence and place on top and around cake.
Serves 6-8
Yes, it really was that simple. I microwaved the Indulgence to make it softer and easier to frost the Angel Food Cake, it worked out really well.
Now for the fun stuff :) These delicious 8 ounce tubs will be available in your grocery stores at the end of January ( just in time for a Valentines day treat :) and I have 5 one dollar off coupons. 
I'm going to  give these away to the first five readers who leave a comment telling me they want one ( one per reader) and what flavor you think you'll like best.  I'd also love to hear how you would like to indulge with your New Philadelphia Chocolate Indulgence.
Happy Indulging :)

21 comments:

  1. Shannon That is one gorgeous beauty of a dessert. Fast, delicious, decadent and easy. That is my type of dessert. Wish I could have a piece right now. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon...it is very generous and kind of you to offer the coupons, but I would like to abstain from the offer. I just wanted to let you know how beautiful your photos are, and how wonderful your dessert looks. You can never go wrong with strawberries and chocolate! GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at that dessert again, and came up with another idea... a variation...blending fresh strawberries with the white chocolate indulgence to make a pink frosting for the cake. I think that would look really beautiful with red, pink, purple, and white flowers, along with white chocolate covered strawberries...Here's another variation... white chocolate on the cake with dark chocolate covered strawberries. This could have many looks and flavors...OK...now my taste buds are kicking in...I'm thinking of slicing the angel food cake horizontally, spreading a strawberry coulis or filling of some type, then frosting it with dark chocolate indulgence...Oh no...I'm getting another idea...spread the chocolate indulgence between the layers and over the top of the cake, then make a strawberry sauce to pour over it...OK...that's it Shannon... I have to stay away from your page because it is a bad influence on me and makes me want to try the chocolate indulgence and eat all kinds of desserts!! GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, your a chocolate genius, and that's just what I want my blog to do, take you to a creative and delcious place. Thank you for you sweet comments and wonderful suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Shannon! I missed out on the free samples on RWOP by just a few minutes and have been checking my grocery shelves for it every time I go in there! It look so yummy and I have heard nothing but raves about it. Thanks for sharing your insight on it - your recipe sounds delicious and photos make me want to jump into the computer for a bite! I would love to get in on the coupon offer - very generous of you to share them!!!

    Debbie R.
    Sirbarney@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, hello you chocolate snob you! ;)
    Yumyumyumyumyum!!!! What more can I say, except your recipe looks beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine, your so funny, well it's no tangerine pound cake, but it's not bad, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous cake! I have not seen these in the market yet, but that dark chocolate looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to let you know I made the most delicious"Clotted Cream" for scones by mixing the White Chocolate Indulgence and whipped cream, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fine way of describing, and good paragraph to take data on the
    topic of my presentation subject matter, which i am going
    to deliver in institution of higher education.


    my webpage: joomla kurs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's up, this weekend is good designed for me, for the reason that this moment i am reading this fantastic informative piece of writing here at my home.

    my weblog; unternehmensberatung ruhrgebiet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad your enjoying it, I'll be stopping by your blog too :)

      Delete
  14. If some one needs expert view concerning blogging afterward i
    recommend him/her to visit this website, Keep up the nice
    job.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: Tai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much, that is really sweet of you, I will be stopping by your blog :)

      Delete
  15. Hi there, There's no doubt that your blog may be having browser compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Apart from that, fantastic website!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site; Anlageberater Mainz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and do you know of any solutions for this problem? You're very kind to let me know :)

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for the heads up, do you know if there is anything I can do for the browser problems. Thank you so much for stopping by

    ReplyDelete