.

.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Chuao Chocolatier

Recently I received a delicious little box from Chuao Chocolatiers http://www.chuaochocolatier.com/index.html  and they asked me to review some of their Spring Chocolates.  You know I couldn't say no to that :) These Gentlemen have a reputation as Artisan Chocolatiers and I have a reputation as a chocoholic, I finally met my destiny :)     
I received these adorable Solid Milk Chocolate bunnies with popping Candy dispersed throughout. 
 And the "Breakfast in Bed Collection" with Java-rich Coffee Buttercream in Dark Chocolate
Maple Bacon Caramel & Smoked Sea Salt in Milk Chocolate
Orange Bliss- caramelized orange peel, orange liqueur and dark chocolate ganache
French Toast- Cinnamon buttercream, toasted panko breadcrumbs & maple syrup in milk chocolate
Rose Garden-Rosewater caramel in dark chocolate
I know you're already drooling


                          About Chuao Chocolatier
Chuao Chocolatier is the first Venezuelan Chocoatier in the United States.  Founded in 2002 by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and his brother Richard Antonorsi.  Chuao Chocolatier is pioneering "fusion chocolate" through a commitment to creating unusual, unexpected, and delicious flavors using their secret blend of premium chocolate and fresh natural 
ingredients.
Chuao is named after the legendary cacao-producing region of Chuao (pronounced
 chew-WOW) located in central Venezuela.
Today, you can discover Chuao Chocolate Confections around the United States at fine specialty retailers including Whole Foods Market, Dean and Deluca, and Crate & Barrel as will as fine restaurants & hotels including Omni Hotels nationwide, La Costa Resort & Spa, Coupa Cafe, and Hard Rock Cafe.  You can also order from their website            http://www.chuaochocolatier.com/index.html
Now for my review.  As soon as you open the box, you know this is no ordinary chocolate. The strong intense fragrance of chocolate wafts it's way to your nose and you know your in for a chocolate experience.  The milk chocolate bunny was different than any other milk chocolate I've ever had.  It was smooth and creamy (as any milk chocolate should be) but it was more intense than any other milk chocolate I'd ever had.  It was like the best of both milk and dark chocolate all in one.  The pop candy is FUN.  I do have to tell you, to get the most pop out of your experience, let the chocolate melt in your mouth, don't bite it.  As the chocolate is melting you get the popping sensation.   I've always felt chocolate should come with fireworks, and now it finally does :)



 Now for "Breakfast in bed"  I loved the Java. It was like a divine truffle with a mild mocha flavor that melted in my mouth.
Maple Bacon- I have to be honest, I didn't know how I would feel about this, but it's a morning party in your mouth.  It's sweet, it's salty, with a touch of savory and yes, there is bacon in there.  It was a delightful surprise.
Orange Bliss- The name say's it all, I'm not even a huge fan of Chocolate and orange together, but this is intense and blissful <3
French Toast- This chocolate was probably the most delicate of all the flavors. It's a buttery cinnamon flavor that's very true to it's namesake.
Rose Garden- I was looking forward to this chocolate most of all, after all I am a floral designer and I love fragrant flowers.  These have a caramel center with an intense rose flavor.  Maybe a little too intense for me but not so intense that I won't try them again.  These would be perfect with a cup of tea (or a glass of champagne)  in the garden.  I think these should be  served by themselves so that you can appreciate them.  I'm just not sure roses and bacon compliment each other :)
So if you are a true chocolate fan and you enjoy quality artisan chocolates, I really think you should give Chauo a try.   And if you know a chocoholic who needs something special in their Easter Basket these guys really know their chocolate!








3 comments:

  1. Absolutly beautiful Shannon. The people u showed off and the look of your blog is amazing!Sincerely, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Roberta, I really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon- You must've been so overwhelmed sampling all that chocolate. As your friend, I'm always willing to lend a hand, so feel free to call next time. I'd hate for you to have to do all that work alone. ;) Great review, and oh so tempting. Happy Birthday to Charles, and a very Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete