.

.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mad Hatter Tea Party Inspiration

My College age daughter wants to have a Mad Hatter Tea Party for her birthday, and in all honesty she's taking care of most everything.  She's having it at a park near her school so all her friends can come and go as they please and here in Colorado, May is beautiful.  She didn't mind a few ideas for decor, so here are a few ideas that gave me inspiration.
We actually decided to get crazy straws (very Mad Hatter) and I'm making straw flags that say drink me on them :) Photo from Pinterest.
We both loved this cake by Fatty Patty's Cakes & Cafe. We probably won't do black frosting, it has a tendency to stain both lips and clothes, but we'll follow this concept and top the cake with a fan of cards.
We found several decks of playing cards at the dollar store and are going to use double sided   tape to adhere them at an angle to red and black square paper plates.
This is the basic look we're going for.  I have some topiary's for the table, we're adding bright yellow to this color scheme.  Photo from Pinterest
 I loved this idea from Pinterest of using cupcake liners with plastic cups.  What a great idea!
This is another tablescape that really inspired us and prompted the purchase of playing cards. The dollar store has red Mylar heart balloons  (Queen of Hearts) and we will be purchasing those for the tables.
I will be printing up these adorable tags from bnute.com   I think they are just adorable.
I'll try and remember to take pics of the actual party and let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

  1. You've found such great ideas for the party! I'm sure this will be the most creative and fun mad hatter tea party they'll ever experience! What fun you are having...makes me want to be there! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Alice in Wonderland Party! I am planning an Alice in Wonderland - themed baby shower in August! Love the pictures and ideas! I have shared them on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Chloe, I hope you have a really fun baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post pictures from her party! Can't wait to see what she does with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe, I feel so bad because although the party was a huge success, since I was so busy helping my daughter, I forgot my camera,(she had her party at a local park) her shots are mostly silly face shots, I'm going to try and be better about this in the future, (you notice I was better about my son's graduation party, but even then I had to get most of the shots while setting up, this seems to be a chronic problem with me :(

      Delete