.

.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Tablescapes & Tablesettings

Even if your not having a big formal sit down Christmas feast, consider a Christmas Eve buffet, a Christmas morning brunch, or even a Boxing day meal (the day after Christmas).  However you decide to celebrate, here are a few tablescapes to inspire you. 
 Probably more of us will set a buffet table than a huge sit down dinner. So I had to show you my favorite Buffet table.  Since this is a buffet, you can drape the table in beautiful boxwood garlands, trimmed here, with yellow orchids.  As a floral designer and someone who loves antiques, I'm sure you can see why I Love this tablescape :)

This table in green and cream, seamlessly mixes silver and gold metallics giving this table a beautiful holiday glow.  I love the hydrangeas, green button mums, and green roses as an alternative to traditional Christmas Flowers.
Another beautiful buffet table, this one done in Winter whites with just enough rustic touches to keep it from looking too stark or sterile.  I think the pine cones and greenery give it just the right amount of texture and warmth.
This tablescape is all fun and folly with the miniature Christmas village running down the center of the table and Christmas cracker favors at each place setting.  If you have children in your life, this would be a great tablescape.
I love this vintage table setting with bird cages and vintage postcards. The extra punch of color added by rose petals and burgundy ribbon makes this a really romantic table :)

This buffet vignette has so many things I love in such a small space. Evergreens with flowers and a little deer tucked in along side the vintage white bottle brush trees and the adorable little sign announcing that you are at the entree section.
This Classic woodland holiday table looks like it belongs in a Scottish hunting manor. The pheasant feathers, evergreens and pine cones give it a masculine woodland feel while the gold stemware and chargers along with the damask tablecloth give it an almost regal  feeling. This look is enhanced by browns, burgundy, and gold.



             
Since I collect blue and white dishes, I fell head over heels in love with this non-traditional Christmas table.
I love the way they've taken blue and white pieces to use for vases and to hold small cedar trees. Did you notice how they've used oranges and pomegranates  for pops of color, I just love it :)))

This charming cottage inspired table gets it's subtle  pops of red and green from the green depression glass and the vintage tablecloth.  Even the berries make a delicious Christmas decoration.
This retro tablescape is bright and fun. the glass ornaments are perched on silver candlesticks and held in place with sure stick putty (available at your hobby store).  The mix of red, green and white linens gives it instant holiday colors.  This is a fun, easy and inexpensive tablescape with a lot of pop :))

6 comments:

  1. I love all these tablescapes! So festive, I think my favorite is the gingerbread village at the bottom. Wishing you a your family a Very Merry Christmas!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! As someone who loves variety, I love them all!! Although I might be a bit partial to the green and cream, or the winter white.
    Shannon, I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas and I'm so looking forward to seeing what God has in store for the coming year!
    Bless you dear friend and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ideas. I was going to do the sit down dinner, but think with your suggestions, I may serve from a buffet! My favorite is the green roses, hydrangeas, silver and gold! Stop by and visit my blog: http://GraciousInteriors.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely tablesettings! The red bulbs on the candlesticks is a super Christmas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, Shannon these tablescapes are incredible!!! How could I possibly pick a favorite??? The buffet is so elegant, and the green in cream is my favorite - i also love the birdcages and the mini village is so adorable...and the red bulbs...so hip! There is a yearly christmas tea at one of the churches here where you can take out a table, invite a group of women, decorate it to your heart's contentment, and your women guests potluck together and share a lovely meal along with a little program they put together. My favorite part is walking around the room to see all of the tablescapes!!!! Oh Shannon, maybe next year you can come visit me and join us for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete