.

.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Pumpkin Whoopie Bites w/Cream Cheese & White Chocolate Filling




Hey Everyone, this is my second dessert entry for The Real Women of Philadelphia.   I played with some of my favorite flavors and came up with a fun, delicious bite size treat.  I hope you enjoy them.  They were a huge hit with my family

I love anything pumpkin, any time of the year :) and the only thing better than pumpkin, is pumpkin with cream cheese. So I've created these wonderful little mini pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese & white chocolate filling. Enjoy! 


If you would like to see a video tutorial on how to make this recipe, here's the link
http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/user/recipe/pumpkin-whoppie-bites-wcream-cheese-white-chocolate-filling
  •   Ingredients
  • 1 14 ounce box of pumpkin bread mix
  • 1 cup(s) of Milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup(s) of Vegetable Oil
  • 2 tbsp. of melted butter, for lining pan
  • 1/3 cup(s) of Canned Pumpkin Puree
  • 9 ounce(s) of white candy melts, or white candy bark
  • 12 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. of Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp. of Cinnamon Extract
  • 1 cup(s) of Powdered Sugar, for dusting
  • Steps
    1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Brush melted butter over entire top of a mini muffin pan, then place mini muffin liners in the pan, set aside until needed
    3. In large mixing bowl mix pumpkin bread mix, milk, eggs, oil, and pumpkin puree by hand until just incorporated, do not over-mix.
    4. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 10- 15 minutes until knife comes out clean, do not under-bake.
    5. Melt white candy melts in microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
    6. In a large mixing bowl, combine melted white candy melts, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon extract. Beat with electric mixer until combined and fluffy.
    7. Once your pumpkin muffins are cooled, cut the muffin top off with a serrated knife until all tops are removed, you can save the bottom part of the muffins and frost later
    8. Pipe or spoon filling on the inside of the muffin top and place another muffin top, on top of the filling (to make a sandwich.
    9. Sprinkle powdered sugar on your serving platter (this will keep the whoopie bites from sticking to your plate). Place the whoopie bites on the plate and garnish with more powdered sugar. Enjoy
     
  • I promise I haven't forgotten about Mother's Day :)  It's just that as a floral designer, this is an insanely busy time for me.  I will do a tribute to moms this weekend, and wish all you Moms a wonderful Mothers Day :)

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, if you don't win something for one of your beautiful recipes, I just might scream! This is another masterpiece! Oh, how I wish I could sink my teeth into one (or more) of those! :) L xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness gracious, I LOVE THESE!!! you are brimming with creativity and it spills over on to all of us....a masterpiece indeed...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete